Solange on SNL

Sunday 6 November 2016

As I was catching up with all my news feeds on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram this morning, I remembered that Solange Knowles was performing on two songs; "Cranes In The Sky" and "Don't Touch My Hair" from her new album " *A Seat At the Table"on Saturday Night Live.

Watching both performances, reminded me of all the reasons of why she such a big inspiration and it also took me back to the time when I met her in Dubai in 2013. 

Link: http://urbanistafashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/vogue-italia-fashion-experience-2013.html

One thing I noticed about her performances was that one of her background singers, was Mayah Denyelle Dyson, who happened to be on Kelly Rowland's tv show "Chasing Destiny". 
Mayah was one of my favourite contenders from the show and even though she didn't make it to the final group, having this experience of performing with Solange Knowles on Saturday Night Live has defiantly inspired me to work hard.

Luckily for me, after Mayah's experience with Chasing Destiny, she was kind enough to a q&a with me for my blog.
Picture from Instagram @MayahTheSinger


Link: http://urbanistafashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/chasing-destiny-mayah-denyelle-q.html


Mama Knowles and Beyonce showed their family support by heading down to SNL watching her performance.

 
She's still our baby ❤️We have Been picking her up like this since she was 10 yrs old . On the legendary SNL stage❤️ by @mstinalawson

SNL Performances


Cranes In The Sky Live



Don't Touch My Hair Live 



Posted By Urbanista ( Azza Gasim)
Follow me on Twitter/Instagram (@azza_urbanista)

No comments