Urbanista Exclusive : Zainab Vandu ( from Styled To Rock)

Friday 2 November 2012



Information

"I did a BA (hons) in fashion in Middlesex and graduated in 2010, and then I did millions of internships at designers including Puma, Graeme Armour and Hussein Chalayan. I had no money at university so I got a job as a showroom assistant at Burberry, and then when I graduated I got a permanent job doing sampling for them whilst designing my own collection."
More info : http://www.company.co.uk/celebrity/tv/styled-to-rock-meet-finalists?page=11


The Contestants on STR



















(from left to right ) Ben Moriah,Steve Corcoran,Sally Ellis, Ricky Harriott, Anam Naseer,Jaqueline Loekito,Ralph Rovero,Meganne Murrin,Brett Mettler,Chanelle Edwards,Heidi May , Zainab Vandu-Chikolo


Pictures

Zainab's Winning outfit For Rihanna



Other Winning Outfits from STR

                                                       

























Week 1 for Kanye West                                                  Week 6 for Ana from Scissor Sisters



Question and Answers with Zainab

1) How did it feel when you saw rihanna wearing your outfit at wireless ?

Unbelievable, I actually cannot put into words how it felt. A massive wave of emotion came over me, a combination of shock, elation and relief I think!

2) Other than rihanna , who are your biggest fashion icons ? 

Kate Moss, Nicole Richie, Sarah Jessica Parker, Victoria Beckham and Anna Wintour. They've each got their own style down to a T... I'm all about individuality when it comes to fashion

 3) If you could design for any other celebrity , who would it be and why ? 

Its gotta be Queen Bey!  She's got the most insane body and a non arrogant confidence about her means she will wear the hell out of anything. 

4) What inspired you to go into the fashion industry ? 

I've always been a creative person in one way or the other. I don't think I it was necessarily fashion that inspired me initially, it was more of a resolution of how to turn my creativity into an actual career, but as soon as I found fashion that was all I wanted to do... I suppose it found me.

 5) what is one garment you can't live without ? 

My studded Louboutin ankle boots, seriously even if I was forced to wear a bin bag for the rest of my life I wouldn't even mind as long as I still had those boots. They make EVERYTHING look good trust me.



Posted By Urbanista ( Azza Gasim)
Follow me on twitter (@azz_richgirl)




No comments