Girls Talk London Event

Wednesday 6 July 2016

For the next few months, I will be in London interning with a designer and to make the most out of being here,  I am going to be attending as many events as I can to gain more killer contacts.

So, to kick start my London adventures, last night I attended my first talk/event in London with Girls Talk London at the Red Bull Studios. 

The topic discussion was of women in media, music and fashion and women empowerment. It also included advice to other like minded creatives from the panelists, who are editors from Red Magazine, Complex Magazine and Cosmopolitan.

Here is a full list of the panelists


  • Vanessa Sanyauke, CEO of Girls Talk London  (Host)
  • Corinne Redfern, Freelance Features Editor
  • Jennifer Savin, Junior Features Writer, Cosmopolitan 
  • Natasha Lunn, Features Editor, Red Magazine
  • Emma Gordon, Project Manager, Complex Magazine
  • Coco Khan, Senior Editor, Complex UK

It was so refreshing to hear what they had to say about women empowerment and what we as young, talented creatives can do to move forward in the industry.

At the end of the talk, I got the chance to talk to a few of them, one on one, about what I have done in UK and Dubai and for them to be on the same page as me and be supportive, it meant a lot me because now I know I am heading in the right direction.

For any intern/young creative, who wants to make it in the industry, I strongly advise you to attend events like this and network.
Networking is key for this industry!!  It's all about who you know and how they can help you move forward.

Here are some top tips that some of the editors shared;

  • Be determined, creative and have confidence.
  • If you have a blog or any social media channels , you have a voice and you can use that to share your points and thoughts to other like minded people."
  • Make the most out of being an intern and be willing to anything and keep pitching ideas.
  • Make your CV/cover letter relevant to job that you are applying for and go the extra mile.
  • Team up with your friends and start something creative and build a network together.
Here are some pictures from the event;




To find out more about them, follow them on social media; @GirlsTalkLondon

Thank you Girl Talk London for having me and I look forward to the next event! :) X

Posted By Urbanista ( Azza Gasim)
Follow me on Twitter/Instagram (@azza_urbanista)

No comments