Urbanista : Funkify 2012/13 Sneak peak

Tuesday 23 October 2012






FUNKIFY Information 
As part of one my fashion design projects from last year, I designed a mini collection inspired by Abstract Art ( which is one of my favorite art movements) so I looked at artists such as
  • Pablo Picasso and Bruce Gray
What inspired me to design this collection is I love Bright,Clashing prints because it make me feel young and different compared to every one else, ( this is why I decided to call the collection "FUNKIFY"

It wasn't until recently in class , I decided to make one of the outfits from the collection and add a unique twist by customizing a pair of converse.

So heres a sneak peak of what i'm going to be achieving (make sure you keep checking my blog to see my progress)



My 1st Funkify Design





With this design, its a royal blue jumpsuit, made from a light cotton with some pleated and paint splatted print manipulation ( as shown bellow)

As for accessories , I want to keep the colour blocking effect, so I would wear it with a canary yellow top and custom designed Schuh Coverses.






Make sure you spread the word about this blog and stay tuned for more Designs and my "FUNKIFY" Prgress
Posted By Urbanista ( Azza Gasim)
Follow me on twitter (@azz_richgirl)


No comments