March Music Madness

Wednesday 27 March 2019


For the last few weeks, I have treated myself to attending a few concerts in Bristol and London.  This included seeing;


Date: 04/03/2019
Location: Thekla, Bristol










  • Jay Prince
Date: 06/03/2019
Location: Exchange, Bristol





  • Mick Jenkins
Date: 17/03/2019
Location: The Trinity Centre, Bristol





  • The Wailers
Date: 20/03/2019
Location: O2 Academy, Bristol








  • Jamila Woods
Date: 24/03/2019
Location: Electrowerkz, London







  • NAO
Date: 27/03/2019
Location: O2 Academy, Bristol









  • The Internet

Date: 27/03/2019
Location: O2 Academy, Bristol











For each one of these concerts, I had an insane experience and managed to meet some of the artists in person and have a conversation of them. For example; With Bas, I created a flag inspired by Sudan    ( the old one and new one), which I took to the concert and when it ended, I got Bas to sign my FIENDS hat and in return, I gave him the flag to take with him on tour.



Photo credit to @chasefade



Another great moment was when I met my idol, Jamila Woods. I have been listening to her album on loop for the last 2 years, whenever I create my artwork. Her music and poetry inspired me to create my own poetry book. So when I attended her concert in London, I got the opportunity to speak to her and give her the first copy of my book and in return, she signed the copy of  Black Girl Magic as well as her Vinyl record to add to my collection.




The last highlight that I will always cherish for life is the moment where I got my dads vinyl of Bob Marley and The Wailers signed by the original band members themselves. Seeing the light in his eyes and biggest grin I have ever seen because I felt as I was continuing his music taste legacy.



Posted By Urbanista ( Azza Gasim)
Follow me on Twitter/Instagram (@azza_urbanista)

No comments