Kelly Rowland- Black Beauty Goddess

Saturday 23 April 2016

To all of my dark skin beauties, Kelly Rowland has saved us all with her new announcement of she is releasing a make up line, which will mainly target women of colour.

Although she is still in the beginning stages, she told Essence Magazine; 

"My makeup artist Sheika Daley and I are actually starting a makeup line we’re making sure we make, well, we’re starting off with lashes and then we’re going to have it grow for all women," Rowland told Essence. "But definitely making sure we have our chocolate girls covered. Gotta get the chocolate girls in there! We have to have that, you know. I think Iman has done a beautiful makeup line and I want to do it too!


Kelly Rowland SXSW Interview




Previously, she was at SXSW discussing her new BET show Chasing Destiny. This show is a documentary style show, which is  about Kelly Rowland along with Frank Gatson in search for the next girl group. It is also helping her to establish herself as mogul, as well as an artist.

One important factor she mentioned, when asked by a member of the audience for her advice about her sister being rejected by a guy saying:  "You would be cuter, if you weren't so dark skinned."

This is why I can understand why she wanted to create Chasing Destiny because of the fact that there aren't enough dark skinned girl groups or  young leaders out there to be role models for this generation.

"It’s just a trip to me. One of the things I looked for first, was chocolate girls in my group because I feel it’s so necessary for my niece, my unborn kid, and they come out chocolate, she has to see more chocolate women all in front of her because we have one in Fifth Harmony.  Here's the reason why, I wanted to change that. I want to be apart of changing that.  Janet Jackson did it for me. Whitney Houston did it for me. Michelle Obama does it for me. It's so necessary because we have to have that. No disrespect to our beautiful african american women, who are lighter and fairer than us. But at the same time, we have to see all colour. That what I love the most about Destiny's Child  and respected the most. "



Make sure you watch Chasing Destiny every Tuesday on BET.
Here is the trailer for the show:



Kelly Rowland in Dubai 2013
Make sure you take a look at my post from 2013, where I was fortunate to see Kelly Rowland in Dubai for her Hour Choice event.

Link: http://urbanistafashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/kelly-rowland-at-hour-choice.html)

Posted By Urbanista ( Azza Gasim)
Follow me on Twitter/Instagram (@azza_urbanista)

No comments