Shukri, We Stand With You

Monday 8 June 2020
As a young Muslim woman, it is important that we continue to share our knowledge and support in any way.
With that, last year Shukri Abdi was a 12-year-old girl, who drowned in the River Irnwell in Manchester.

"Everything about it is out of character for her.
"She couldn't swim so she wouldn't even go near the edge." - words from her mother.

She did not deserve this!
This a young girl, who had her whole life and future taken away.
As someone, who grew up trying to understand what It meant to be Muslim women in society, it was hard for other people, who didn't look like me or have the same religious views as me to adjust and accept. But then my parents introduced me to the Muslim society, where I found people, who felt the same way as me and this pushed me to influence the next generation and make sure they stick together, through thick and thin.
This is why I will always continue to support these girls and protect them from any harm or injustice they make face.
These young females are going to be the future and it's up to us to fight for them.
So with that, I have donated some of my money to help get justice for her and her family.
This should have happened last year, but we brushed past it. Well, not today!
Donate and allow Shukri’s family to gain the justice they deserve!

Donation Link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/shurki-abdis-family?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet

(Petition Link : http://chng.it/m2Wk75wdfZ)

Demand justice for Shukri and let's protect these young queens, who will rise above and guide us to greatness!!

Posted By Urbanista ( Azza Gasim)
Follow me on Twitter/Instagram (@azza_urbanista)

No comments