Self Love Trip

Friday 30 August 2019


As we step into the last few months of 2019, this is when we need to sit down and reflect on how far we have come and look at what we need to do to finish with a bang.

For me, I've had a few bumps in the road with juggling work, health, religion, family and my social life and it wasn't easy. I had to take steps back in order to move forward, whether that be confronting my past mistakes in order to be happy mentally, press pause on certain situations and just say "NO" to opportunities that were not worth pursuing.
 I even had to transfer to a smaller store from working in a flagship store just to stay on top of the day to day operations. This did, in fact, cause me stress, which took a giant toll on my body and slowed me down and allowed me to fully focus on myself for the time being.

It's been a crazy journey being in a new city and managing all of these situations.
But what would life be without these difficult times allowing me to become a stronger person?

However, we also need to spend time to treat ourselves and just focus on us.
Celebrate us.
Heal Us.
Embrace us.
Love Us.


So for the previous bank holiday weekend, I decided to take a short trip to Marbella/Malaga to visit my family out there, as well have some quiet time for myself.









I have no regrets with this decision, as most of my friends and people I know were in London for the Nottinghill Carnival and since I've already experienced this before, I thought of having a "Self Love" Trip.  So nothing but me and my creative thoughts and having some self-reflection on what I would like to do next in life and how can I change to become a better person.



Posted By Urbanista ( Azza Gasim)
Follow me on Twitter/Instagram (@azza_urbanista)

No comments