Urbanista Exclusive : Afri Tribe Q&A

Wednesday 3 July 2013



Information


Afri tribe was created by Ayo.O a young and talented designer from Maryland USA.
His brand brings back culture and heritage back into streetwear by playing around with prints and using the African shape symbol on all of his hats.
This one upcoming designer you need to watch out for !!  








Question and Answers


1) What inspired you to design your own line?


The inspiration came from one of my favorite shirts. I liked the way it look but I had ideas as to how it could have been better to my liking so I ran with those ideas and it translated first into hats.



2) Who are your biggest fashion icons ?


I am not really a "fashion" follower, I don't even consider myself a designer, I prefer being a creative director. But fashion wise, Shawn Stussy for Stussy, my favorite clothing line. I respect brands like en noir, rhude, which are like luxury streetwear.






3) How would you describe your personal style?


Not too sure how to explain my stlye haha but on an average day I'd have on a basic but rare tee, chinos, lots of gold and silver accessories, and top it off with dirty vans haha.





4) If you could design for any celebrity, who would it be and why?


Man, if i could get Oprah a hat, that would be cool hahaha, no real reason, shes not into the fashion world like that I just know her love for africa.



5) What is one garment/item you cant live without?


I cant say I have one of these, but If i had to choose it would be my Vintage Timex watch. 




Me rocking the Afri Tribe Hat



























Make sure you check out his follow him through his journey 
Website : http://afritribeshop.com/
Twitter : @allseeingayo


Posted By Urbanista ( Azza Gasim) 


Follow me on twitter (@azz_richgirl)



No comments