NavaFest 2013 Collection updates

Saturday 15 December 2012




Updates

Sorry I haven't been able to blog a lot , I've been very busy generating ideas for my final collection :)
I really can't wait for everyone to see what i've came up with because, for all of those people that cant make it to the final fashion show in Dubai, I am going to ustream the show from right here on Urbanista so you guys wont miss anything :D

Moodboards

Here are  a few of the moodboards I have for my final collection presentation



With the colour palette , I wanted to go for organic colours like Forest Green and Sky Blue , and as for the other colours I thought of using some traditional Native American colours so the theme can be cohesive.


Draping Ideas

Using these two boards , we were given many different mannequin/draping exercises in class for the last few months, and here are the best pictures from those exercises


  • Using Muslin



With this exercise , we were told to have a mascot object ( for me it was a dream catcher)

So using the mascot object





  • Using Fabric



 Information

With this exercise , we were asked to buy different fabrics and see how each one behaves in order to see if it is suitable for for what we want to do for our collection.  



  • Using Pleats




Information

With this exercise , we were asked to buy different fabrics and pleat it ( whether its box pleat, knife pleats or even the different sizes)

So with these images I played around with the pleats to create a numerous amount of shapes , but these ones are my favourite





Design Ideas






Posted By Urbanista ( Azza Gasim)
 Follow me on twitter (@azz_richgirl)

No comments