What’s in her mind? (She Speaks Edition)

Thursday 10 October 2019
Following my book release, I wanted you guys to understand the vibe for each poem, which is why I’ve created a small selection of songs, which reflect each poem.

Each poem was written at a different point in my life.


Swim Good - Frank Ocean 
Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson
Mirrors - Justin Timberlake


Broken Clocks-  SZA
Hurry Teyana Taylor

End of Time Beyoncé 

Nobody’s Perfect - JCole
Switch 6Lack
Stronger Than Ever - Raleigh Ritchie

Big When I was little - Eliza Doolittle
Brown Skin Girl - Beyoncé
Vry Black- Jamila Woods


Girl can’t be herself - Alicia Keys
Normal Girl - SZA
Someone Like You - Adele


Insecure - Jazmine Sullivan 
Make it Out - NAO
I believe in you - Jay Prince

Superwoman - Alicia Keys
As I Am - H. E. R 
Grown Woman - Beyonce

Crown Kelly Rowland
4 women - Nina Simone 
Thursday - Jess Glynne


King Kunta - Kendrick Lamar
Queen Tings - Masago
Family - Popcaan 


Video - India Arie
Miss Independant - Ne Yo
Sexy Lady - Jessie J

Girl - Destinys Child
Run the world - Beyoncé 
Go Gina - SZA


Say My Name - Destinys Child
It Girl - Pharrell
Spice Girl - Amine


Nubian Queen - Wyclef
Sam7a - Lil Freeny
Pearl of the Nile

Another Lifetime - Nao 
Bridge of Troubled Water - Aretha Franklin
Stole Kelly Rowland

Nao - Orbit
A Long Walk - Jill Scott
Meant to be - TLC



Boy does nothing - Alesha Dixon
Boyz - MIA
If I was a boy- Beyonce

Hard Place - HER
That’s why I still love you- Missy Elliott 
Complicated- NAO

Love Yourz - JCole
That’s Love - Oddisee
F you I love you, - Kyle

Special Delivery - Bridget 
Sorry - Beyoncé 
I wish I missed my ex - Mahalia










Posted By Urbanista ( Azza Gasim) 
Follow me on Twitter/Instagram (@azza_urbanista)

No comments