Essence Magazine : A Black Woman's Motivation and Inspiration

Tuesday 7 March 2017

ESSENCE Black Women In Hollywood 2017

    (images from Essence Magazine )

This year, Essence Magazine have honoured Issa Rae From Awkward Black Girl and Insecure, Aja Naomi King from How To Get Away With MurdererYara Shahidi from Black-Ish and Janelle Monae  and each of these women gave the most inspirational speeches that will stay with me for life.



Each one of these women have transformed the arts just by being themselves and I would encourage more women to just be themselves and embrace all that you have been given.









( To see more go on to http://www.essence.com/awards-events/ )

Urbanista's 2 Cents:


Since I have moved back home, it has been a struggle trying to discover who I am ; career, life and relationship wise and slowly, with the help of a few magazines such as EssencePride and Ebony  the people I know and knowing what I want, I have managed to slowly understand who I am and what I can offer to the world.

So to those women, who create the content for these magazines, I salute you and I thank you every month for inspiring me!

Posted By Urbanista ( Azza Gasim)
Follow me on Twitter/Instagram (@azza_urbanista)

No comments