My Teen Vogue Story

Thursday 26 May 2016

My Experience 

Before Instagram and Pinterest were introduced to world,  Teen Vogue, along with Vogue, Elle, Grazia and other fashion/art like magazines were my only source for inspiration. 

Also I noticed, when it comes to magazines, I prefer to go to the shops and buy the actual magazine or order it, if i cant find it than to read it all online, even though it is easier with technology. 

I have been collecting it for the past 8 years, which means I have about 96 issues.
(12 issues per year x 8 years= 96 issues).  
My first issue that I ever bought was in 2008 and Rachel Bilson was on the cover.


Vogue Italia Event 2013 

In 2013 when I was interning at Esquire Middle East , I had the chance to the first Vogue Italia's Fashion Experience at Dubai Mall. At this event, it included a press conference for the media at Burj Khalifa, fashion show in Dubai Mall with various up and coming designers from around the globe and other store events. 

Throughout the event, I saw designers, models such as Naomi Campbell , who was sitting 2 rows in front of me and fashion editors and bloggers, like Derek  Blasberg, a former writer for Teen Vogue. 
I was so happy to meet him in person and tell him how much of a fan I was of his book.


To find out more about the event, click the link bellow.

Muslim and Black Beauty Awareness in Teen Vogue

Since i've been collecting Teen Vogue for years, I have seen a progression in the content they have created in the magazine. By that I mean, they are now including designers, bloggers, musicians, creatives..etc from different backgrounds and religious beliefs and I am so happy that they are doing this and I strongly believe they should continue to do so. 

As a young, black, muslim woman, I say this, because there aren't many magazines out there that celebrate this factor and I think this is important to show this and to inspire young black/muslim children.

These are the articles I am talking about; 















Posted By Urbanista ( Azza Gasim)
Follow me on Twitter/Instagram (@azza_urbanista)

No comments